Are you getting ready to sell your home? When it comes to selling your home quickly, you want to make sure it stands out to potential buyers. Not only do you want the curb appeal to stand out, but you want to create a space that is inviting and something they can picture themselves living in.
- Clear off countertops. Remove all the clutter from your countertops (kitchen and bathrooms) to make the home more inviting to potential buyers. People want to picture themselves living in the home and the kitchen is a key location where people hangout. Make this space as organized, clean, and spacious as possible for buyers to get a good idea of the area.
- Minimize art and decorations. As you stage your home to sell, incorporate more abstract art or landscapes in your home. Something that gives each room a little color yet doesn’t overwhelm and isn’t too specific.
- Declutter and depersonalize. Like the art and decorations, this is the time you want potential buyers to visualize themselves in the home. Remove any objects or items that are uniquely you, clearing any books and family pictures that can pull buyers out of seeing themselves living in the home.
- Turn on the lights. If your home doesn’t have enough light it can look drab and turn potential buyers away. Add a lamp or other lighting piece in the corners of the room to make it more cozy. Your real estate agent can help you decide which areas of your home would benefit from some extra light.
- Keep furniture proportional to the room. Don’t overcrowd your rooms with large furniture which can distract from the overall design of the room. Instead arrange furniture in a way that complements and fits the room.
Selling your home can be stressful, so do what you can to make the home stand out to potential home buyers. Your real estate agent can help, answer all your questions, and offer suggestions to help your home sell quicker.